Sunday, November 20, 2016

Robot Dreams

Graphic Novel

After a trip to the beach, Robot becomes too rusty to move so Dog leaves him there. As the months pass, Dog tries to replace his friend with things like a snowman and an anteater. Meanwhile, Robot is day dreaming on the beach of better times. Robot dreams was surprisingly sad and tells the bittersweet story of friendship and loss. Being my first graphic, I thought the pictures gave me a clear understanding of what the author was trying to portray.


Title: Robot dreams
Author/Illustrator: Sara Varon
Publisher/Date: First Second 2007
ISBN: 978-1-59643-108-9
Rating: 4 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. That book looks very interesting. I am also relatively new to graphic novels, so I understand the uncomfortably with them. I'm still not convinced I am a fan of the genre in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the cover it is surprising to hear that the book is sad, it looks as thought it would be a happy book or even a comedy. It is interesting that the dog leaves the robot behind, I feel like it would go in the opposite direction, to sort of teach children a lesson.

    ReplyDelete