Decodable Texts
JoJo's Yo-Yo helps children learn open vowels Y,O. Open vowels are the last sound in a word, with no closing constant. This story is about a shy girl that isn't very good at things like her friends. She can't run fast or fly a kite, but in the end she can do Yo-Yo tricks like no one else! Along with teaching kids about open vowels it relays a message to never give up, which deems it a 5 out of 5.
Title: Jo-Jo's Yo-Yo
https://www.readinga-z.com/book/decodable.php?id=52
Rating: 5 out of 5

I love how a simple decodable book was able to teach kids about open vowels while teaching a lesson. This helps to get more out of a simple book. I do like the play on words of teaching about vowels Y and O and having a yo-yo incorporated in the book.
ReplyDeleteI read this book also! I was very surprised by the quality of the text as it not only helps readers with those common sounds but also teaches a great lesson.
ReplyDelete